Friday 1 February 2013

Dog Suffers Trauma After Break In

Police have issued news that mean thieves threatened a family pet dog with a pitchfork before stealing Christmas presents and even an engagement ring.

 The thefts took place at a house in Hyde on Regency Gardens between 12:45 and 15:50 on the 14th December 2012.



View Larger Map

Thieves used a brick to break into the property, but then used a pitchfork that was lying around to firghten the dog and force it into a bedroom.

This is a worrying event as it shows thieves do not care about the well-being of family pets, despite Britains renowned reputation of being a nation of dog lovers.

No explanation of why a pitchfork was lying around was given.

Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

14 comments:

  1. "No explanation of why a pitchfork was lying around was given"

    It was in Hyde.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If dogs are like your children, then I suggest you take them to the doctors as they should have 2 arms and 2 legs, not 4 legs !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really an animal fan.I was mocking the nutters on MEN.

      Delete
    2. 'nutters' a bit strong, or are they really squirrels

      Delete
    3. I've never seen their photo's and I'm not entirely sure what squirrels are capable of but I'm guessing the crazy animal types on the rival site are your average run of the mill mentalists.

      Delete
    4. I just found out that the Rossendale News (part of MEN media) still lets you post under our old accounts. Facebook hasn't taken ever everywhere.

      Delete
    5. Yep, but have you seen the stories they print!

      Delete
  3. When I tried to log in it said the account had been suspended because my name wasn't a real name in their opinion and if I felt they'd made a mistake I should contact them.I changed my name to Em Bembooshkin,it pended for a few mins and it now looks like it's been accepted.They believe your name is Scratching my head but they didn't believe me.Typical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I saw that fork on 'come bite with me'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue it was not Dragons Den, and they were pitching an idea about forks?

      Delete
  5. I tried to call myself Mr Chough, but they didn't allow that either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If 'they' are FB - they didn't accept Scratching my head, I came up with Peter Pann. Scratching is my gmail address

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not FB.It was Gmail that took issue with Embembooshkin Chickentown. Chickentown not being a popular surname in their opinion.

    ReplyDelete