Wednesday 20 February 2013

Falling Standards?

Far be it from me to criticise our shitty rival, but I have to pick fault with one of their stories in todays paper.




The MENU reported a older lady who had tripped on a raised grid four months ago and ended up in hospital. Her story was about the fact a council had yet to fix the problem, despite her reporting it the day after she fell.

Whilst we have every sympathy for this lady and in no way wish to blame her for the reporting of the story but....

The picture that goes with the story shows the lady standing on the edge of a pavement without the offending grid in site, like I am here.





Additionally, the council alledges to have fixed the problem some time ago but the lady complained the ground had sunk again. Whilst we cannot confirm this, because it was not in the picture (again) -we can confirm she was standing on a lowered kerb designed for easy access for people with less than perfect mobility.





I wish you could all view the story and see what I am on about, but it does not appear to be on their website....

5 comments:

  1. Give it up will you, we all know they have lost the plot...pensioneers that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter, I have told you before - stop picking on my mum, just because she thinks you are a waste of space and I have wasted my life by marrying you

      Delete
  2. Embembooshkin Pann21 February 2013 at 00:47

    We're a hive of activity.I'm loving all our new and mostly made up members.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take exception at your suggestion that I am a made up person. My exploits in never never land are recorded in my biography, along with my long and illustrious wartime heroics against the infamous Captain Hook. My anti-fascist struggles have been retold in many feature films, animated and otherwise.

      As further proof of my existence, I believe I am also the first person to be banned from the MEN online community since its switch to Facebook logins. If I were imaginary, I am sure the MEN would not have banned me.

      Ergo I am real.

      Delete