Tuesday 5 February 2013

It's Snowing, Hailing, Raining and Sunny

DID THE FORECASTERS GET IT RIGHT?

In an interesting twist, the Met Office issued a snow weather warning yesterday for the North West; predicting snow overnight and ......it happened!

Our reporter struggled out of bed this morning to confirm that snow did actually fall in Stockport overnight, following lightning and thunder at around 22:00.

In line with other regional papers we have included a photograph of how pretty the snow made the landscape.





As can be seen, the snow made this heather plant prettier and more interesting to look at.  However, do not panic because as our next photograph shows, spring is just around the corner.




The snow is also a bonus for local police forces. As can be seen any tresspassers will potentially leave vital clues about their identity, making their capture easier.





What are your funny stories about the snow, have you seen somebody slipping or slidding and how long do you predict before your children's school closses?


4 comments:

  1. In my area we've had a flasher expose himself down by the canal.He must mean business presenting himself in this sort of weather.I don't think he's been caught yet and until he is everyone will be guilty until proven otherwise in my eyes.

    I fell on my arse in the snow whilst putting cans in my blue bin.Staying down on the ground for a while changed peoples titters to concern.I was fine.

    Due to the light dusting of snow one of my offspring's schools closed 15 mins early.Why?!





    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your flasher may have been my Uncle Gordon. At family gatherings as kids we were always told we must leave the room if Uncle Gordon went near the fridge. I always wondered why he would sit in the shade with a bag of frozen peas on his lap but was told 'it's just the way he is' and we must never mention it outside of the family. As he has been seen near water with his bits out many times I can only assume he likes the cold breeze coming off the surface of the water, I doubt it's an impressive sight though, what with the cold air niggling his nads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all lies I tell you. There's an innocent explanation, but I don't want to make it here.

      Delete
  3. Uncle, with all due respect, didn't Aunt Fanny have to get the hair dryer out that time you were found stuck to the freezer wall? You've brought no end of shame on this family with your canal side wanderings and the debasing of white goods. If you really are innocent of cooling your conkers then explain away, we are like one big happy family here and it will go no further, I promise.

    ReplyDelete