Friday 15 February 2013

Post Valentine Day Sales

In a shock move, florists up and down the country are selling roses that they over-stocked at substantially reduced prices.





Said one florist, Bud Bloom "Whilst valentines day comes every year, we normally sell-out of roses by lunchtime, but this year we have been shocked by the low levels of customers."

He added "Whilst I think that the financial crisis may have something to do with this, it is more likely that -to make up for poor sales during the rest of the year, the fact that we over inflated the price of roses probably had more to do with us selling less."

Our reporters were on the street yesterday to find out why people were not buying roses anymore.

We accosted one elderly couple, who despite obviously being in their 90's were still holding hands. Fred said "It's just stupid the prices these capitalist pigs are charging for roses these day, I can buy 2 packs of ciggies for that." His partner, Steve, continued "I think they missed a trick, if they sold them at half the price, they would have sold twice as many, making them the same profit -but at that price we are not buying any."

It was not just florists who were plainly guilty of exploiting the situation, chocolate manufacturers were also trying to make a quick buck, but were left selling their stock at reduced prices today.

A man who we collared when he left a famous nationwide chain of renowned chocolateers opinioned "I can save a lot of money by moving Valentines Day in our household to the 15th and really my goldfish doesn't know what day it is anyway -so no harm done."

How did you 'celebrate' Valentines Day, were you a conservative couple, doing the normal things with the normal gifts; or did you do something different and even more special?

2 comments:

  1. I did ask someone to be my Valentine but he was taken. There was nothing left to do other than mend my wounded heart with a couple of G&T's and a plate of carefully prepared chips. In fact, my only companion that night was my faithful and much loved chip pan. A chip pan is not just for pissed up suppers...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I purchased a single 'whoops' rose for Mr.Bembooshkin.It cost 36p from the Asdas.It's the thought that counts.I didn't really think too much about it though to be fair.

    ReplyDelete