Sunday 3 February 2013

War Against Drugs - Latest Conviction

Latest Drug Conviction

The latest 'major' criminal convicted of drug supply was Bradley Walsh of Goodiers Drive Salford.



View Larger Map


He was in the front seat of a taxi when it was stopped by armed police at Shudehill in Manchester at about 19:56 on Wednesday 10th October 2012.

On searching the taxi, 990 grams of cocaince were found, with a street value of £50,000. However the cocaine was 83% pure and could have been 'cut' with other compounds to supply a product worth the region of £160,000.

Also found in the taxi was a mobile phone containing messages and information which may lead to further arrests.

Bradley pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing and was sentenced on 31st January 2013 to seven years and 2 months.

The police issued statements hoping this result will show people what they can achieve in the 'war on drugs.'

http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/WebsitePages/08499332BE5499E180257B050036CA97?OpenDocument

10 comments:

  1. War on drugs....yawn.

    Most people not reading the MEN will never be affected by the "scourge" of drugs. You may be the victim of the crimes committed to fund an addiction, you may (if you are daft enough to dabble) ingest a dodgy or too pure substance, or someone you know does.

    The war is unwinnable. The profits for the people at the top too great for them to ignore or stop. Remove the profit, remove the trade, remove the crime. You would also see fewer empty takeaways on your high streets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CC, Original and Best8 February 2013 at 21:44

      So drug users are subsidising kebabs? And that's bad because?

      Delete
  2. Infirmus, can you explain your mention of takeaways and what that has to do with drugs? By the way, I am not hiding behind an 'anon' posting but waiting for someone to set me up with a name with which to post in future, probably a friend's child who will have far more tech savvy than me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want to post under a name rather than Anonymous, but social services won't let you get access to children who can set you up, then select 'Name/URL' from the list. You can put in any name you like, and leave the URL blank.

      Delete
    2. Anon, can you prove you are not a robot?

      Delete
  3. right, here goes..... hang on, why do I have to keep proving I am of flesh each time, is there another way so I don't have to keep typing 'suwong' (a bit crap but seems to sum me up) I really am a bit of a worry (thick).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it stops checking you're real after a few times.

      Alternatively you can log in using one of the various methods if you want.

      OpenID looks fairly anonymous. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenID

      Delete
    2. I am a robot, pretending to be a person. Is that OK?

      Delete
  4. As I am without child I will stick to repeating the name until it sticks/some moron suggests it has a racist twist. As I am off work today - I said that so as not to be thought of as a bum with bugger all else to do - I will peruse the other stories with a view to commenting. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy the articles. If you want to write any yourself let me know and I'll set you up.

      Delete