Saturday 2 February 2013

MEN Treats GTR Manchester Unfairly

Following our exclusive exposure yesterday (1/2/2013) that the MEN has not changed all its news web sites over to Facebook logins yet, our investigative contributors have researched further.

It appears that the following MEN titles have not been 'facebooked' yet:

                    Accrington Observer,
                    Macclesfield Express,
                    Wilmslow Express,
                    Rossendale Free Press.

Indeed, if you left yourself logged in to the old MEN website, you remain logged in to these websites.

Asked about these further findings, our owner and founder member Mr R.Chough, stated that this was nothing short of discrimination against GTR Manchester residents (or he would have done if we had actually asked him to comment.)

On viewing these sites, our contributor Mr S.M.Head had to wipe a tear from his eyes, due to the nostaligic 'feel' of these sites. He stated "Once upon a time you could respond to individual posters and have a decent conversations, without wading through a simple linear thread. It brought tears to my eyes, but that may have been the raw onion I was eating at the time."

What do you think? Is this discrimination? Should the MEN have changed these smaller sites over first? Are these sites worth changing over or will they just vanish?

8 comments:

  1. I now no longer even bother to look at the new MEN site (insert h yourself) this is a far better way to view 'it'. Well done Chough x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comments. I think that Scratchy has borne the brunt of the work so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you Xing at yourself there Chough? I don't like how Anon there has stolen my style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's weird. I thought it was you with your login issues. Does that mean we've got a reader?

      Delete
    2. It looks like we have a reader/I have an imposter.

      Delete
  4. I have to say, well I do not have to, but I will; I loose track of Who is Who or maybe Watt and do not get me started on Howe or Y'w!

    p.s. do you know The Who are playing Manchester MEN?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suwong here. I felt I should mention that one or 2 of the anon posts have been mine, as Chough may now be aware I am now with name so can no longer make such a tit of myself by posting an 'x' in such a public way to someone I do not know. I should state here that the 'x' was a mistake and I am not weird nor a stalker but this would be a lie. It is a habit of mine to end texts that way (not to everyone I might add) and such is my excuse. I was thinking of breaking the offending digit to teach it a lesson but felt this a tad extreme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. May I also say, in relation to Embembooshkin's comment re style, that I feel the reason for this is such; I used to read the MEN comments page every Sunday morning without really bothering to read the main story. I too felt the writing quality/reporting poor and instead got to recognise commenter's names and I guess styles of writing so maybe this is why we are similar in our posts so far. The content of the comments are funny and a good read so maybe this can be seen as a compliment to you. I will, in future, try to develop my own style once I get the knack of it and also conform to less affectionate endings x I mean .

    ReplyDelete