Wednesday 13 February 2013

Celebrity Endorsements for our First Choughworld Poll

'A' List celebrities have been queueing up to endorse the results of our first ever Choughworld readers' poll.

The poll delivered some amazing facts.

1) Choughworld has at least 8 readers, not 1 like some people suggest.
2) Dog muck stories aren't as popular as we thought
3) Made up stories are just as popular as stories about chip pan fires.


"I'm amazed," said Sid Little.  "When I read the made up story on 22nd January about a chip pan fire, I was fascinated, and read it over and over again." (see it here)



Bill Oddie was a little disappointed.  "When I heard about Choughworld, I thought it would be more ornithology, and less about chip pan fires. I do support the campaign against dog muck though."



We asked Noddy Holder for his opinion, but he was 'too busy' to speak to us.

The Chuckle Brothers, from Doncaster were equally ambivalent.  "To me, it looks like made up stories are the best," said Barry. "But to you, Paul, it's all about chip pan fires."

Those results in full
1= Chip Pan Fires & Made up News (3 votes each)
3= Dog Muck & Pets & Wildlife (1 vote each)

15 comments:

  1. I suspect they did not ask Jimmy Saville for a comment, partly because of his legacy, but mainly because he is dead

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I suspect they are A list of celebrities, but perhaps not 'A' listed celebreties, unless you are living in the past

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am living in the past. I'm planning to invite them to the Choughworld Arena for the first match of the season. No expense spared, pies and beer available, so watch your manners!

      Delete
    2. There is a underground station on the Newcastle Metro called 'Manors,' Growing up, I always spelt manners wrong.

      Delete
  3. Bill Oddie has to be the best bird botherer ever, I wouldn't, but I'd bet my granny would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I once bumped into him a Chester Station. Despite the Goodies often making jokes about his height, he's actually smaller in real life than you'd expect.

      Delete
    2. Size isn't everything

      Delete
    3. Hmm, responding to the wrong thread. The second sign of madness.

      Delete
    4. The journalist missed a trick in not describing Bill as "Rochdale born funnyman".

      Completely undeniable, but open to challenge as he didn't grow up there and he hasn't really made people laugh in anything he's done on TV for nearly 40 years.

      Delete
    5. He was my favourite Goodie when I was about 6. I prefer to retain my 6-year old view of him than how he currently is.

      Delete
  4. Where is Kevin (Curly Watts) Kennedy these days? He is strangely silent on the subject of the decline in journalistic standards in regional news organisations in the 21st century. Has he been bought by the media tycoons that seek to stifle free thought and local opinion if it departs from their "stay on-message" mantra?

    We should be told!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always thought that he was unconvincing even playing a complete dope in Coronation Street.

    I'll add him to the 'Friends of Choughworld' list.

    ReplyDelete