Monday 18 February 2013

Disputed Poll Results Counted

Disappointed Cheating Feline
Following Choughworld's hotly disputed poll 'What's your favourite Animal?' poll we can finally publish audited results.

Cat: 2
Dog: 6
Rabbit: 1
Fish: 0

In a poll sadly marred by cheating, some 15 votes for Cats were discounted.

"This goes to show the nonsense of first past the post voting," said Nick Clegg.  "Imagine cat and rabbit owners being forced to go along with whatever dog owners say, just because they are in the majority."

Angry cheat Fluffsec said "This is a mockery, I demand a recount."

Happy to oblige.  We had allowed you one vote, but I'm taking it away.  So cats get 1 vote.

In a parallel vote, 6 out of 8 readers agreed that the poll was a sham.  And since the two that voted 'No' were behind the vote rigging, they don't count either.

8 comments:

  1. Quite right too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bugger the above was supposed to be signed as Joseph Stalin, teach me to try and post from my phone in the bath

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fluff, you give cats a bad name. I used to like them until this poll was outed as a sham. Shame on you, I hope you get fleas and a touch of mange, though how anyone would want to stroke your rat infested fur now is beyond me. I'm sickened, truly sickened.

      Delete
    2. A bit strong, fleas and mange ! Being a fluffy pussy lover myself, I admire Fluffsec's tenacity and ingenuity,

      Delete
  3. I think the one remaining vote was me too, although I only voted no once in the other poll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cough cought - I may have a confession cough

      Delete
    2. Scratchy, keep quiet! Don't let the feline feckers win.

      Delete
  4. The rabbit was terrified. Someone whispered there was a poll cat.

    ReplyDelete