Thursday 7 February 2013

Chip Pan Fire in Darwen

Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service (or the Fire Brigade as the over 50's call it) report another chip pan fire in Darwen.

@LancashireFRS
"Chip pan fire in Darwen at 17:54: Location: Ashton Road, Darwen. Further details: Fire involving chip pan. 2 bre... t.co/yojjvQkf"


The chip pan suffered severe damage, along with a Microwave and surrounding work surfaces.



Ashton Road, Darwen, where the latest Chip Pan Fire Occurred


View Larger Map

We asked local Priest Father O'Donovan to comment on whether the adjacent A666 indicates satanic involvement, but he maintained a dignified silence.

Have YOU caused a chip pan fire since you were about 20?  Share your stories here, or on Twitter where we'll harvest your story.

6 comments:

  1. Great blog Chough, puts a smile on me fizzog! I just saw your reference to old pals at the MEN in an earlier entry and it got me thinking Robin?? Chough?? Birds??...it's got to be Alan W aka Chunky.
    How are you doing? How's life been since the MEN? I got out not long after you and enjoying the life of leisure! All the best mate, John L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. The bird link is spot on, but I'm not Alan W. The Chough is my favourite bird (something I share with Bill Oddie).

      I'm quite enjoying life post MEN. I sort of miss the arguing with people side of things, but on the other hand, I don't.

      I have been taking a look at the Daily Telegraph as they seem to have a similar sort of mad/angry commenter, but I should really continue to devote my time to copying stories from Twitter about dog mess and chip pan fires.

      Delete
    2. The trouble with the Telegraph, along with the Guardian is that by the time I do my 'news round up' -there are already 500 comments on an interesting story and I do not have the motivation to go through them to 'catch up' on discussions. At least with the MEN, commentators tend to only post when they get to work !

      Delete
    3. That's why I liked the MEN bear-pit. Not too big so your comments get lost, and not too small so you don't have anyone to argue with.

      Delete
  2. I am sorry to hear that the chip pan was severely damaged in the fire. I will go round to the property, collect its remains and will hold a church service for it. I am sure other chip pans (foreign or indigenous) would welcome the chance to honour it's memory.

    ReplyDelete