Saturday 16 February 2013

Choughworld Hit By Vote Rigging Scandal

A cat, earlier today.
The editors, readers and detractors of Choughworld were shocked today, at the blatant vote rigging in our latest poll.

At the time this went to press, the "WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE ANIMAL?" poll was showing suspicious voting patterns.

"It's all very suspicious, said Mr Chough," as he went through the voting records. "According to the poll, 16 readers prefer cats while 4 prefer dogs."  Asked to elaborate he said, through gritted teeth.  "But we only have 9 readers in total, if that."

Our reporter asked him whether multiple voting could be to blame.  "I don't think so," he said sadly. "I've tried it myself, and you can't do it."

"If this carries on," he said sadly, "then we'll have to stop the public voting, and rig the polls ourselves. Who's the winner then?"


10 comments:

  1. We are anonymous and we are fluffy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why is there never a fox when you need one

      Delete
    2. Is there any actual hard evidence that these so called urban foxes aren't cats in disguise, causing trouble?

      Delete
  2. Bearing in mind that Choughworld originated in the bear pit of the MEN comments pages, it's ironic that the biggest controversy so far is 'cats vs dogs'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, to whoever voted 'No' on "IS THE POLL ABOVE A SHAM?"...

    If I'd thought some tomfool would vote no, I wouldn't have put the option there. Any democracy is under threat when people vote the wrong way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if you mean it, you could try the 'Change Your Vote' link.

      Delete
    2. I think I'm going to have to have a new Poll 'Are the above TWO polls a sham?'

      Delete
  4. I would have voted for "None of the above" had the option been available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to make that available but lit didn't work first time so I gave up.

      Delete