Saturday 26 January 2013

Too Much Time on Your Hands

This weekend (26/01/2013) a man, named locally as 'you old-git', was found to have too much time on his hands.

A neightbour grew concerned when the man did not appear in his garden and called round to see if he was ok. On answering the door, the door was opened and neighbour invited in for a cup of tea and a chat.

As time went on, the neighbour grew concerned as the man kept disappearing every few minutes, never being able to stay sat for too long. Eventually the neightbour confronted the man and asked the all important question "what are you doing in there?"  Awaiting a response, the neighbour heard subdued mutterings from the room the man kept disappearing into. Fearing the worst, the neighbour went to investigate.

What she found was disheartening and disappointing. The man was sat silently by a computer, feeding circular items into a tray, that moved effortlessly in and out. "What are you up to?" she asked, his reply was less than enthusiastic "I got a new iPOD and I am putting my music on to it, but this disc isn't being recognised" All became clear to the neighbour, who left shortly afterwards.

No police were called to this incident.

5 comments:

  1. Mrs Chough used to read my posts of an evening and tell me what an idiot I was for wasting my time.

    I've now gone off the scale of scorn...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll just create an alias and start arguing with myself, then I'll get her sympathy.

      Delete
  2. Mr Bembooshkin thinks I should find something more productive to do with my time.He can piss off.

    ReplyDelete