Monday 28 January 2013

Take your Grandchildren to London in Just Over an Hour

Parents are getting increasingly excited that by the 2030s they will be able to take their grandchildren on a day trip to London in around 1 hour 10 minutes.

With the High Speed Rail link (HS2) Journey times will be slashed to just 1 hour 10 minutes from Manchester to Birmingham. The line is due to open in 2032.

This will be ideal, said Rupert Redhawke, aged 42. "My children are quite young now, but I look forward to taking my grandchildren on a trip to see King William at Buckingham Palace."

When asked what other sights he would see he said "I look forward to seeing the re-generation of the area around the Olympic Park, which had sadly slipped into decline during the 20 years after the Olympics."

"My Grandchildren will love taking a hoverscooter ride over the dried up bed of the Serpentine".
See The current route from Manchester to London on your interactive map

View Larger Map
How will YOU use the new HS2 line in 20 years' time?

6 comments:

  1. As I won't be living in England in 2032 I doubt I'll get much use out of the HS2. My gigantic lottery win in 2015 will ensure that I miss out on all the excitement at home.Be sure to stick your HS2 snaps on flickr.I'll set an event reminder on my phone after I've finished these Monster Munch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Typical youth of today, ignoring your elders! I look forward to taking my great-grandchildren on it, along with their parents to keep the beasties quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has anyone considered the fact that this development threatens to bring all those London dwelling folk North? They can do day trips to visit Weatherfield and the Flat Cap and Tripe Museum in Bury.

    We must mobilise to stop this, keep the isolation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This process has already begun and ultimately can't be halted. What we need to do, is create a porous border zone, where both northerners and southerners can co-exist. Perhaps we could do this in the South of the city, around Chorlton and Didsbury.

      Then after that zone where people can move freely there needs to be a firm border, where Northerners can pass freely, but where Southerners would get stabbed as soon as they open their mouths. We could build this zone in Blackley, Crumpsall and Harpurhey.

      North of that would be the true, pure North, where vowels are broad, beer is brown and no man puts 'product' in his hair.

      Delete
    2. I don't want any of them softies coming up my end and increasing our gene pool.

      Delete
    3. I am looking forward to it, then our houses prices can go through the roof and force our children to purchase houses even further north. Mind you following this idea through, that may not be a bad thing

      Delete