Wednesday 30 January 2013

Manchester Xmas Market a Success

So were the Manchester Christmas markets a success?

Perhaps if we look solely at the amount of income received by Manchester City Council from the stall holders.

Recently released figures by Manchester City Council revealed that in 2012 it received more than £1.47 million in rent from stall holders, compared to £1.25 million in 2011.

This is good news for Manchester City Council as it shows that it's efforts have increased the amount going into the councils coffers by nearly 15% in one year.

This year Moanchester Evening News newest, and probably worst, contributor Mr S.M.Head travelled to the markets for the first time to see what all the fuss was about and to allow him to comment on the MEN's website, armed with some personnal experiences. Was he responsible for this sales growth? Probably not, he didn't buy much.

However in a statement Mr S.M.Head said "This was my first year going to the Manchester Christmas markets and I really enjoyed it, especially the warm macaroons, I will certainly be coming back next year."

So the question still remains, were the Manchester Christmas markets a success?

6 comments:

  1. When I get home, I'll try to find my Macaroon recipe, and post it, for those who are missing the markets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Co-incidentally, I was debating a post on favourite recipies and posting some of mine ! I was hoping my previous favorite meals post may have sparked that exchnage but it seemed to focus on onions.

      Delete
    2. I love onions. They keep cold and flu at bay.

      Delete
    3. I am surprised you did not ask about the veracity of my post, mind you given my inclination to satire...but for once, some real investigative journalism!

      Or did you already know that I had been given this information...

      Delete
    4. There's a game like this on the radio, hosted by David Mitchell I think, where you have to spot the truth amidst a barrage of made up facts.

      I'll believe the figures, but I'm not convinced about Mr Head's veracity. Hint, just search Twitter for people's opinions and quote them directly - that's how proper journalists do it.

      Delete
  2. 1.47 Million? I'd say it was a success.I have a hunch Slattery's will have made more money than the council did though.Did you see how much they were charging for a simple blob of chocolate on a stick? Disgusterous.

    ReplyDelete