Thursday 24 January 2013

Serious Delays on Manchester - Liverpool Line go Unreported

In a shocking lapse, the Manchester Evening News yesterday failed to report on the serious travel delays on the Manchester - Liverpool line, caused by a power failure at Hunt's Cross.

Commuters between Manchester and Warrington, including Urmston and Irlam were delayed in freezing weather for over an hour while the trains were re-routed.

A spokesman for Northern Rail said 'We didn't now what was going on, so how do you expect us to keep passengers updated'.

This revelation follows the scandal of the MEN failing to report that the same line was closed by a landslip on 21st December, and closed for several days.

5 comments:

  1. I had a seious delay today that no journalist picked up on, I was late going for my lunch due to increased an increased workload resulting from a number of colleagues being made redundant.

    Whilst I know that I am lucky to have a job and even getting time to have a lunch break - but I did pass away 5 years ago and think I deserve one after all this time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's selfish attitudes like yours that are depriving young people of the chance of getting jobs.

      Delete
  2. The Fat Controller, Sodor24 January 2013 at 21:16

    When we have landslips on Sodor, the trains still somehow get through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So they have not had to use a bus replacement service, Bertie will be upset

      Delete
    2. just seeing if I can.

      Delete