Monday 28 January 2013

Search on for Real Life Simpsons

The search is on to find Manchester's real life Simpsons family. The new reality show 'Are you the Real Life Simpsons' will be auditioning dysfunctional families this Saturday at Salford's Media City.

 It will be amazing said executive producer Jolyan Prouch. "When I look out of my taxi between here and Picadilly Station, I look out over dozens of hopeless families, led by oafish, overweight, balding dads, while long suffering mums with blue hair look on sadly."

 "I was talking to my cleaner yesterday, and the things she said had me rolling around on my leather pouffe."

See the route Jolyan might have taken on this interactive map
View Larger Map
 Are YOU a real life cartoon character? Comment below before we put an interactive map on this story too.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Perhaps a map of the taxi route from Piccadilly to Media City?

      If you want to add one, then you need to get the map you want in google maps (including routes etc.)

      On google maps there's an icon on the panel to the left of the map, that sort of looks like a chain. Click on this, and you get the 'link' information.

      Copy the HTML from the bottom box.

      Then go into the post and edit it. There are 2 options at the top 'Compose' and 'HTML'. Switch to HTML (don't forget to switch back later) then find the place where you want the map and paste it in.

      Hit update and you have an interactive map.

      Delete
    2. I couldn't resist adding it. All stories should have an interactive map, that's one thing MEN got right.

      Next step, I'll put some stuff on Twitter about this, then quote myself.

      Delete
  2. Is It Me or Wot?29 January 2013 at 17:03

    How do I apply?

    ReplyDelete