Wednesday 17 April 2013

Hack Blogger Fails to get New Angle on Thatcher Funeral

Thatcher and close pal Savile
In a confession that shocked nobody, hack blogger Mr Chough today admitted that he couldn't think of a new angle on the Thatcher Funeral.

"I'm flummoxed," he admitted.  "I've been thinking all day for a new angle on this happy day, and I just can't come up with anything original."

"I tried to do something on how it's a bit odd for a devout Methodist to have a state funeral in a Cathedral, but the story went off in so many directions I lost it."

"I was also going to comment on how she could now join her pals mass-murdering dictator Augusto Pinochet, and serial paedophile and rapist Jimmy Savile, but it's been done before."

"As I was coming home, I speculated that the strong winds might be a cataclysmic battle between the forces of good and evil as they fought for the other side to take her soul, but that's all too similar to the story I wrote on the day she died."

"I even considered a serious article about how many of the foundation stones of 'broken Britain' were laid in her reign, but Ken Livingstone expressed that perfectly well without my help."

"So all I can do is muse that while for many years we burned effigies of Thatcher, some lucky sod at Mortlake Crematorium got to burn the real thing."

5 comments:

  1. What about staying in the Ritz for free, courtesy of the mega rich banking brothers Barclays as a thank you for de-regulating the banking industry allowing them to make their massive fortunes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, and the toffs should have paid for the funeral!

      Delete
    2. suwong, I believe Paul Pann suggested on the MEN webshite that collection tin be placed next to her coffin so that those attending the private ceremony could donate to the funeral costs.

      Delete
  2. We've made it into the MEN Facebook site!

    ReplyDelete